Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's Been A Long Year/Friendship

I didn't realize that it has been an entire year since I have posted on here. I have been tossed between the often fake smile and the truly happy moments. I know I have driven my mom crazy by calling her five days a week with nothing to talk about. (I love you, Mom. Thanks for listening.) Constantly pushing everyone away. Trusting no one. A whole year. Why now? Why am I now writing here? I am awake again. I care. I want to succeed. I want to be a successful wife, mother, daughter, niece, cousin, aunt, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, and friend. Yes, I have a friend. That is, truly, why I am here. Someone who thinks like me, yet stretches my mind. Someone I find interesting, funny, and smart. I haven't valued anyone's opinion in quite awhile. Ultimately, God brought along two people who had hearts open to genuine friendship. Someday, I hope we are cute little 70 year old ladies sipping coffee and still laughing, talking about decorating, thrift store finds, and memories.

No comments: